2.8.11

MY PET PEEVES - GROUT AND RUDE PEOPLE!

So you are wondering what the heck is the connection between  GROUT and RUDE people??

I would have to say, that if I were asked what two things I absolutely dislike the most, the following two things would be my answer. They both are crazy making for me!! I know you are probably saying to yourself, "OK, this person seriously needs some kind of electric shock treatment".

What does grout and rude people have to do with each other?  Well to explain, both take up too much of my energy and time. I know you want to know or actually maybe you don't want to know just how these two pet peeves became related?

Well, very, very recently, I was cleaning the bathroom tiles actually the grout to be more specific, on the same day that friends where supposed to come over.   I was scrubbing away, in between using my environmentally friendly steam cleaner while awaiting their call.  It had been previously decided that our friends would meet this time at our house.  These friends were supposed to let us know when they would arrive but DIDN'T until several hours after we were expecting them to call. Quite honestly by this time my husband and I just wasn't into it anymore.  I remember saying to myself, "how inconsiderate, do they seriously think that we do not have a life and are just sitting around waiting for their call"??  At the same time, I was dealing with the grout and realized that rude people and cleaning grout were a 75 on a scale of 1-10 for me.

You see, grout in the bathroom takes a lot of elbow grease and never looks that great after awhile.  No matter how diligent I am in the bathroom with the cleaning, no matter how long I leave the bathroom fan on, some mold still finds its way there eventually.  I have now figured out a way to rid myself and clients of cleaning grout and eradicating the mold issue once and for all.  It is called back painted glass and is available in any colour that your mind can imagine. It is an eco-friendly product, easy to clean, moisture resistant, hygienically non-porous and durable.  There are also a multitude of uses and applications for it. Back painted glass can be installed in the shower, as a back splash for your kitchen or behind the stove (no more spaghetti sauce in the kitchen grout).

It is really a more contemporary choice but can work with more traditional/transitional styles as well. 

Enjoy these samples and use your imagination.
IN THE KITCHEN
RK LIVING


KITCHEN CLARITY

AS A FEATURE WALL

WATERBASED GLASS PAINT

IN THE BATHROOM
 

ANN PORTER


HOUSE BEAUTIFUL





DESIGNER GLASS



PROPERTY WEEK

Ahhhhhhhh, no more grout to clean. I love it!! 

Haven't quite figured out what to do about the RUDE people though!

Soulier Design Studio specializes in Sustainability, Eco Friendly Design, Products and Lifestyle

http://www.soulierdesignstudio.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. We would really love to hear from you!!